It’s time for me to make my list for 2013. This is what I plan to accomplish. This is what I will strive to do in order to get where I want to be. With any luck, I’ll be able to convince the family to sit down with me and write theirs up, too. For those of you who have been following along, 2012 was the first year in years that we didn’t list our life.
We started Live the List as a family project. And when I told others about it, they really loved the idea. It took off and next thing you know…I wrote the book about our experience to help others. It may sound silly, but the list changed everything. I credit it with helping us blend our family, with helping us survive the miscarriage. And now in 2013, I believe it will take us places we have never been before.
See, with effort, each year has been better than the last ever since I decided to be happy and turned my life upside down. I have become a better person. And that means everything to me.
So, here’s my list for 2013. Feel free to join us over on the Live the List Facebook page and post yours. We’ll be rooting each other on all year. We’ve already started.
I like to divide my list into sections…things that I want to accomplish personally, professionally, business goals for me and Sam, and things I’d like us to do as a family.
- Lose the baby weight and get back in shape
- Get a new wardrobe as a reward
- Get comfortable wearing makeup…and apply it every day
- Make more of an effort with my appearance…and not be the frumpy mom
- Publish a minimum of six books this year
- Write a fiction and a non-fiction series
- Finish the partial manuscripts
- Create a marketing plan that increases sales
- Re-vamp the blog
- Re-vamp my image
- Start investing in real estate flipping and renting
- Hire a realtor
- Manage multiple associations
- Keep up with the books weekly
Around the house…
- Remodel the master bath
- Finish the kitchen remodel
- Finish the master bedroom remodel (trim and carpet)
- Reside the house
- Take a family cruise
- Have one dedicated family weekend a month
- Buy a power boat so we can take off to the Caribbean during the slow months
- Go to Atlanta to see the aquarium…and Meredith?
- Organize a preemie families getaway before the next isolation period
- Go back to Fontana with the kids
- Meet my mom in Myrtle Beach
Sure, some of this sounds really easy, but life has a way of getting in the way. Kenna is still really high maintenance. And though I see her making huge improvements this year, I know that none of those improvements will mean that she requires less time and attention. This means that my biggest goal needs to be time management. Honestly, that will be the key to my success. Less Facebook, more genuine writing. Less Facebook, more exercise. Less Facebook…I think you get the idea.
What are your intentions for 2013?